- This event has passed.
July 2020 Troop 143 Patrol Challenge
July 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$6
Join Troop 143 for an exciting day of learning, teaching and competing that it sure to will be fun and exciting. There will opportunities to learn new skills and refresh old ones, in a camporee style event practicing and demonstrating your Scouts Skills while competing with your patrol against the other patrols of Troop 143.
For new Scouts and those still working toward 1st Class, this is a great opportunity to learn and demonstrate some of the skills needed to continue to move along the rank advancement path. For older Scouts there will be opportunities to teach and demonstrate the leadership and mentorship skills that you have earned over the last several years. Most importantly there will be opportunities for everyone to come out have some fun, enjoy some comradery, and reconnect in person.
Please know that the safety of our Scouts and Leaders is our priority. As such this event is being planned in accordance with the Health and Safety guidelines and recommendations provided by the State of Georgia, Scouts USA and the Atlanta Area Council. Based upon these the following rules are being implemented for this event:
- Temperature Checks: Each participants temperature will be checked upon arrival prior to the start of the event. It is requested that parents remain in their cars until your son had been checked in. If you are not feeling well the day before or the day of the event, please do not attend.
- Face masks that cover nose and mouth will be mandatory for all participants, at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Upon arrival Scouts will join their Patrol for the day’s events. Patrols will stay together for the entire day and will maintain 6 feet of separation to the other Patrols within the Troop, however, the skills instructions and competitions through out the day will required patrol members to be less than six feet apart and may involve incidental contact. If you are uncomfortable with this, we understand, and you may wish to not attend. This type of contact is unavoidable at this type of event.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, but we also recommend Scouts bring their own to use throughout the day.
- Supplies will either be sanitized between patrols as they rotate stations or be single use.
Scouts will need to provide the following:
- Personal Hand Sanitizer
- Rain Gear
- Water bottle
- Lunch and Snacks
- Bug Repellant
This event will be outside in July, it will likely be hot, we are looking 8-10 pop-up style shade structures that we can set up at different competition and instruction stations around the sports fields to allow adults and scouts to get a break from the sun. If you have pop up shade structure you are willing to donate for the day, please contact LeJay Slocum.